Life is Strange 2 isn't pulling its punches

Before playing Life is Strange 2 for myself, I was as skeptical as I was hopeful. While I certainly liked the look of the characters and was intrigued by the game's premise, I had a number of questions as I sat down to play for the first time. Would the protagonists be relatable? Would Life is Strange 2 work as a road movie, rather than sticking to the same town? Could it capture the same sense of magic without fan favourites like Chloe and Max, and could Life is Strange 2 really touch on its chosen subjects such as racism and police brutality with meaning and sensitivity?

Having played the first episode in its entirety, I am thoroughly convinced - Life is Strange 2 is already turning out to be something special. It also doesn't pull any punches.

Oh, and before we go ahead, a word of warning: whopping spoilers lie in wait for Life is Strange 2 Episode 1, as well as Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

Read more…