The big Forza Horizon 4 interview

Forza Horizon 4 is here! And what a game it is - I've spent the last few days blitzing through Playground Games' exquisitely crafted composite of the United Kingdom, and marvelling at the beauty of it all. It's not just one of the best racing games in years - it's one of the very best open world games, too.

Maybe part of that love affair is how British it all feels, and how it speaks to the 18-year-old me that used to sit, slightly light-headed, listening to heavy drum and bass in the back of a friend's Citroën Saxo as it sped through the countryside and used to think to myself: 'what if this, but video game?' It distills some of that magic of driving across this strange and often pleasant land - oh, and it looks absolutely gorgeous in the process too.

Just prior to Forza Horizon 4's launch, Ian Higton popped up to Playground Games' Leamington Spa studio armed with a handful of questions for chief creative officer Ralph Fulton - some of them, I admit, from myself, as I couldn't make the trip and there was some stuff I just had to know. Like where on earth has my beloved Supra gone since last time out?

Read more…