Hands (and head) on with all the big upcoming PSVR releases for 2019

Before last week, I'd never been to New York but, as I wandered its streets and stared at its sights, it certainly felt like I had. New York is a city I've visited countless times in video games past. It's a place I associate with characters like Max Payne, the Ninja Turtles and the Ghostbusters. Years of dreaming and watching and then suddenly, after a relatively short flight, I was there, in glorious, real-world 3D, recognising locations I'd only ever experienced before on the flat screen of a monitor.

In hindsight this transition from video game setting to a place I could actually inhabit made New York the perfect metaphor for the thing that brought me there in the first place. And so, after a quickly swinging by the Ghostbusters building to do a spot of tourism, I popped in to Sony's PlayStation VR Spring Showcase to try out some of the biggest games that are bound for the system this year.

Blood and Truth

Read more