Silent Hill 2 translator says giving credit for his work "is the right thing to do"

Silent Hill 2 translator Jeremy Blaustein is asking Konami to credit his work on the original Silent Hill 2 game in the remake, saying "it's the right this to do".

Blaustein says that while he does not "expect or seek any financial compensation", "I do strongly feel that giving me appropriate credit for my role is the right thing to do".

Shortly after the remake was unveiled earlier this week, Blaustein retweeted Konami's announcement, saying: "Cool! And they will, once again, use the SH2 English script that I wrote/translated (oh, directed too) completely by myself and I will get zero compensation for it and there will not be tens of thousands of people on Twitter outraged on my behalf. Maybe I should make a video?" The latter sentence refers to a dispute between Konami and Silent Hill 2's voice artists around the time Silent Hill HD Collection was released back in 2012.

Read more