Hubris is an undeniably beautiful VR adventure but it's also very broken right now

Playing Hubris for this week's episode of VR Corner (above) was nothing short of an emotional rollercoaster for me.

I quickly fell in love with this brand new VR survival adventure game thanks to its incredibly beautiful visuals and simple-to-grasp yet satisfyingly speedy movement schemes. Oh, and also the weirdly penis-y rope-bridge things that made me laugh until I cried. But then, after about 40 minutes of gameplay (roughly 18 minutes into the video), everything began to fall apart.

There's a point in the game where you go from a linear action/puzzler experience to a crafting/survival section and it was here that the cracks in the game's previously flawless facade started to show. First, an important part of the level geometry was bugged out and broken making crucial item discovery very hard. Then an enemy spawned in a position it shouldn't have, which proceeded to kill me and rob me of 15 minutes worth of dull item scavenging.

Read more