Mario Kart should introduce a Mario Maker style cup creator

I love Mario Kart. I have done for a long, long time. Blasting my way round the Nintendo 64's Kalimari Desert with my brothers is probably one of my core memories (I assume you have all watched Inside Out).

So, as I am sure you have surmised, I am also really enjoying the new courses that are steadily arriving as part of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's DLC. Last night, with a pizza in the oven and the snow falling softly outside, I curled up on the sofa and tried my hand at the newly released waves. It was fun. I collected lots of coins. I left a trail of destruction in my wake. My son joined in. He blew himself up with his own bob-omb. My daughter asked me why Peach let Chain Chomps roam through her gardens. Like I said, it was fun.

But I couldn't help thinking, wouldn't it be great if, along with these new waves, Nintendo also introduced a way for players to curate their own, bespoke, Mario Kart tracks in the style of its Mario Maker series. That would just be the cherry on top of one of Peach's freshly baked cakes, in my opinion.

Read more