Leisure Suit Larry creator Al Lowe puts his source code collection on eBay

The original creator of the Leisure Suit Larry games, Al Lowe, has listed his entire source code collection on eBay.

"I'm 72 years old, and none of my kids want this junk! Does anybody?" Lowe told YouTuber MetalJesusRocks (thanks, ArsTechnica), explaining why he's put his collection up for auction. "Back then, programmers like me had to keep track of their own resources. Sierra never kept any archives. If I didn't keep everything, it would have been lost."

"You're looking at a one-of-a-kind opportunity to own a piece of computer game history: my archives of LSL1: Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards," states the auction description of the original game files. "When I finished creating Larry 1, I thought I should keep a clean archive of everything needed to recreate the game, so I copied all the source code, text, animation, background art, music, sound effect... everything I could to these floppies."

Read more…